The Law Office of Matthew J. Broder is a General Practice which strives to provide exceptional service in a variety of legal areas, including: Family and Divorce Law, Personal Injury, Criminal Defense and Workers’ Compensation.
The Firm provides Personal Service at a Reasonable Cost to all individual and business clients. Aggressive Representation is to be expected and is provided!
University of Connecticut School of Law
J.D. (1992) | Law Degree
1989 – 1992
Honors: Dean’s Fellow
1991.Activities: Moot Court Board.
University of Connecticut
B.S. (1989) | Political Science
1985 – 1989
Honors: Magna Cum Laude. Phi Beta Kappa. Served as West Campus President 1987-1989.
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Property Division, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father’s Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Workers’ Compensation
- Insurance Claims
- Bad Faith Insurance, Business Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Property Insurance
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- DUI & DWI
- Civil Rights
- Discrimination, Employment, Police Misconduct
- Education Law
- Appeals & Appellate
- Civil Appeals
State of Connecticut Judicial Branch
ID Number: 407384
Connecticut Bar Association
Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
Greater Bridgeport Bar Association
- Sole Practitioner
- The Law Office of Matthew J. Broder
- 2001 – Current
- Sole Practitioner and owner of General Practice, handling Family and Divorce matters, Personal Injury and Insurance Claims, Workers’ Compensation Matters, Criminal Defense and more!
- Assigned Counsel
- State of Connecticut
- 2001 – Current
- Handling Criminal Defense Matters referred by the Public Defender in matters in which a Conflict of Interest prevents the P.D. from continuing to represent the accused.
- Cousins & Johnson
- 2000 – 2001
- Handled a caseload of over 100 Personal Injury Matters, from commencement of the claim through trial.
- The Law Office of Gary A. Mastronardi
- 1994 – 2000
- Handled all aspects of Civil Docket, including Family Law, Personal Injury, Civil Rights, Appellate Litigation and more.
- Temporary Assistant Clerk
- State of Connecticut Judicial Department
- 1992 – 1994
- Served as a Courtroom Clerk, assisting the Court with exhibits, scheduling and various administrative matters; Served in the Office of the Caseflow Coordinator, and shared responsibility for scheduling of Civil Trials, Pretrial Conferences and Status Conferences.